download3k.com: Your download source
softpedia.com: Free downloads encylopedia
fileaward.com: Best Software Downloads
downloadpipe.com: Downloads and Software Reviews
Thank you for your interest in Hex Workshop v6.8. Highlights of the latest Hex Workshop releases are included below.
Download Hex Workshop to try it now.
Ordering and Upgrade Eligibility
Customers under a maintenance agreement may upgrade to the latest version of Hex Workshop for no charge. Your existing registration key will unlock Hex Workshop v6.8.
- Check Maintenance status and upgrade eligibility
- Pricing, Upgrades, and Ordering
- Download Hex Workshop v6.8
Hex Workshop v6.8: Embedded Structure Editing
Hex Workshop v6.8 features integrated structure, color map, and expression calculator editors with syntax coloring. The structure editor includes in-line error messages to aid in debugging structure definitions. Additional usability and font/layout sizing changes are included.
Hex Workshop v6.7: Expanded Encoding and Character Set Support
Hex Workshop support for character encoding and character sets was expanded across the application to include UTF-8, Unicode, and code page specific ANSI strings.
Hex Workshop v6.7: Other Enhancements
- Hex Workshop now includes a more modern application icon.
- A "Copy Address" menu item was added to the Edit and right-click document and structure context menus.
- The user interface renders quicker with many structures
- Hex Workshop no longer crashes when passing a relative path via the command line.
- Launching online help now displays context senstive help sections when focus is on the Results Windows or Structure Viewer.
- The replace dialog now properly displays the hex search strings for quads and uquads. Additionally, the hex search string is now updated when swapping the byte order.
- The replace dialog not properly validates data input based on search type.
- The structure viewer no longer displays extra leading zeros when displaying lengths.
- The Structure Viewer now updates structure content on undo/redo operations and when changing sectors.
- Floating structures now remain expanded when swapping between documents.
Hex Workshop v6.6: Wildcard Hex Searching
Hex Workshop now supports wildcard hex searching down to a 4-bit nibble. For example, the search string "FF?D" would match on 0xFF0D, 0xFF1D, 0xFF2D, ..., 0xFFFD. Wildcard searching is supported both in interactive search and Find All Instances.
Hex Workshop v6.6: Searching within Ranges
Users can now specify a range when searching a document. Range options include searching: the entire document, a selected region, or a specific offset and range.
Hex Workshop v6.6: Find Results Versatility
The Find Results Window now supports multiple selections. Users can select multiple findings for removal, highlighting, bulk bookmarking, and bulk structure application. Additionally, users can now copy the address or value from the Find Results Window.
Hex Workshop v6.6: Enhanced Export Capabilities
Bookmark results, structures listings, find results, comparison results, data inspector values, and checksum results are now exportable to tabbed text, CSV, HTML, XML or RTF by right clicking on the window and selecting "Export Contents" from the popup context menu.
Additionally, character distribution export capabalities were expanded to support XML, HTML, and RTF in addition to CSV and tabbed text.
Hex Workshop v6.6: Bug Fixes
Hex Workshop v6.6 includes the following bug fixes:
- Resolved issue where users where unable to copy and paste after pressing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V in the editor without a selection.
- Resolved application start up issue when the sector editing feature is not included as part of installation.
- Copying using Ctrl+C keyboard shortcuts now work properly for all dockable windows within Hex Workshop.
- Character Distribution exports are now encoded using UTF-8 and are no longer truncated.
- Hex Workshop no longer faults when closing a document while Find All Instances is executing.
- A number of typos were fixed in the application error messages.
- Online help now displays properly from the Replace dialog.
- A number of memory leaks were identified and resolved.
- Default Font was changed from "Courier" to "Courier New".
- Hex Workshop now correctly calculates complex math equations according to the order of operations. Previously, Hex Workshop calculated "5-1-1+2" as 7 (5-(1-1)+2) instead of 5.
Hex Workshop v6.5: Native 32 or 64 bit Software
Hex Workshop is now fully 64-bit compatible. The installer will automatically install either a 32-bit or 64-bit application based on the target operating system.
Hex Workshop v6.5: Expression Calculator
An Expression Calculator was added to Hex Workshop that allows users to enter C/C++ style complex expressions including logical, bitwise, and arithmetic operations. Users can also read and modify data.
Hex Workshop v6.5: Data Visualizer
A new Data Visualizer feature allows users to view documents rendered as an image with custom palettes. The Data Visualizer helps users identify patterns within their data.
By selecting or creating different color palettes users can quickly identify text sequences within binary data, patterns and repeating data, tables, and even palette-based images.
In the left example, green ascii text is easily identified. One can also easily differentiate between UTF-8 and UTF-16.
Hex Workshop v6.5: Structure Viewer Enhancements
The Hex Workshop structure viewer includes many enhancements:
- Users can now add Functions to their Structure Definitions to help parse file formats and perform routine operations (e.g. updating a checksum). Structure Functions include a rich expression framework with variables, conditionals, and iteration.
- The Structure Viewer now includes a size column, support for structure pointers, nested switch statements, if statements, and a richer and more user friendly structure validation framework.
- Users can now view structure validation status from both the Add Structure Dialog and from the structure viewer itself.
- Byte, UByte, Word, UWord, DWord, UDWord, QWord, and UQWord were added as built-in types.
- Structure Parsing is much faster than previous versions.
Please review Hex Workshop's version history for a detailed list of all changes.